The National Disability Finance Coalition has received funding for programming and operational support to increase awareness, capabilities, funding, products, and services by CDFIs to serve people with disabilities (PWD).
NDFC will utilize the funding from JPMC Foundation for two main priorities:
- Disability Finance Capacity Building: NDFC will develop and offer a training program to CDFI practitioners and partners in the disability community covering topics such as:
- Incorporating People with Disabilities into Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Social Justice, and Equitable Access Strategies.
- Disability finance in housing, consumer finance, community facilities, and small business.
- Data on the disability community as a target market.
- Forming relationships with organizations serving the disability community.
- Sources of funding and capital.
- Operational support: the grant funding will sustain NDFC’s current staffing and activities and continue to build the organization’s resources to expand disability finance. Support from JPMC Foundation will help us continue to offer and expand valued services such as:
- Peer learning
- Free 1-1 technical assistance to CDFIs and Disability Services organizations.
- Congressional outreach on disability finance as part of CDFI Funding.
- Federal agency outreach on disability finance to recognize PWD as an underserved population.