Our mission is to bridge the CDFI industry and the disability community, to ensure that CDFIs can respond effectively to address the needs of individuals with disabilities and to offer technical assistance and support to CDFIs developing financing products and services.
- We foster strategic partnerships, identify best practices and provide best education and training to members.
- We build the capacity of CDFIs through technical assistance, webinars, practical tools and guides, and customized consulting services.
- We work with government agencies, regulators and lawmakers for policies and programs that promotes financial inclusion of communities with disabilities.
Policy Focus Areas
- Financing Affordable, Accessible Housing and Community Facilities
- Financing and Ensuring Access to Assistive Technology
- Supporting Asset Development: 529A (ABLE) Accounts & More
The National Disability Finance Coalition (NDFC) is the only national organization in the United States promoting the socially impactful work of community development financial institutions (CDFIs) serving communities with disabilities.
Launched in 2015 and incorporated in 2017, NDFC operates as a 501c3 membership network of CDFIs, financial institutions, disability service providers and advocacy organizations, and individuals with disabilities addressing the unique set of challenges faced by people with disabilities and their families.